It's Noon and I'm Ready for Bed

It is one of those days. You know, where you would happily crawl back in bed, pull the covers over your head and sleep until tomorrow?
Princess Pigtails was awake this morning at 4:30 with a fever of 103.3 and coughing, coughing, coughing. All attempts at settling her and getting her back to sleep were futile. Apparently no number of trips to the bathroom, sips of water nor any amount of Motrin was going to convince her that 4:30 am. was an inappropriate time to be awake. Awesome. I was able to buy a few more short minutes of sleep by winding her music box (which is actually an ark...but I digress...). But 5:15 am. found me snuggling a clammy, feverish girl and her glass of orange juice and reasoning with her about why she wasn't going to school. We were both disappointed, for different reasons, but equally so. I have come to really enjoy the few hours I have on Monday and Wednesday morning while she is at school. It is a chance for me to work on a few things around here, catch up with girlfriends, get the rest of my day organized. And today was warm weather day/beach day at school. A day to wear summer clothes and sunglasses and pretend you are at the beach all in the toasty confines of our preschool building, obviously, because, well, we live in Minnesota and it is February.
By 6:00, The Little Man had determined if no one else in the house was sleeping, he was not going to either. Fantastic.
I really thought the morning was going to be fine. Really. Princess Pigtails was content to just relax in the chair, The Little Man played well and then went down for his morning nap. Really, it was going to be fine. Princess Pigtails was coloring at the dining room table. And it was then that morning began to melt down. I am not entirely sure how it began but there was sassing, yelling and lots and lots of crying which landed her in her bed. The screaming all the way up the stairs led to the waking of The Little Man and it was then that fully realized the day was shot. Princess Pigtails did fuss herself to sleep and took a two hour nap, but I'm guessing that may be it for the day. Did I mention her fever and that she has been up since 4:30? I know that God redeems even the worst of days, but right now things are not looking good for the home team. Thankfully tomorrow is a new day, filled with new mercies. Praise God for a new start, another chance to get it right! And thank God for his grace which is sufficient!

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22&23


Jules from "The Roost" said...

I am sorry but I had to laugh at your title. I have been there many times. I do hope tomorrow is better for you.

Anonymous said...

We are in the same spot at our house as I was home with both boys today. Griffyn has RSV and Max seems to have picked up his cold. Marty is also getting sick. Thanks for the encouraging read! I needed it, and it felt like a warm hug after today :o)!!! Thanks so much!