Here's the issue: That girl will not stay on task at the table for anything. During most meals, she plays and fusses and talks and picks at her food. She does eat eventually. But not until we've encouraged her, nagged her and sometimes, I admit, bribed her.
What I've tried so far:
- I've re-evaluated the serving sizes I've given her but that doesn't seem to make a bit of difference.
- What the menu is doesn't seem to make a bit of difference either.
- We used to have a rule and will in the future that everyone needs to be done before people can be excused from the table. But currently that is unrealistic considering it takes her for most meals over an hour to eat. Sometimes an hour and a half.
- It doesn't seem to bother her that I clean up the table and move to another room.
- I've tried not letting her have snacks at all and that has had limited results.