11.15.2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

One of the things I love the most about being a mom is sharing some very precious moments with Princess Pigtails. It blesses my heart the things that come out of her mouth.
Like today, when she informed me that my proposed lunch menu of mac 'n cheese, chick'n nuggets and carrots was a "good plan, Mama".

Or how on Tuesday or Wednesday each week she starts planning what she will wear to church on Sunday. The conversation usually starts with "Go to church 'morrow, Mama?" No, tomorrow is _______day. We'll go on Sunday. "Okay, Mama. And I'll wear my church shoes, and tights and a pretty dress and my bloomers!" It's a predictable conversation and yet it never fails to make me smile.

Another one is a result of the continual process of potty training, (and may be border line TMI) but you have never really experienced a trip to the bathroom, until you have had a two year old cheering you on saying "Good job, Mama!" and clapping. Lots of clapping.

And finally, yesterday morning, Princess Pigtails was giving me a "haircut". Which consists of me sitting on the floor, and Princess using a comb and brush on my hair. When she was "done", she asked if I wanted some "cayenne lotion" on my hair. Hmm. Let me think about that.

No comments: