3.28.2009

The Mudroom Part 1-The Demo

I've been promising for awhile now that I would post some pictures of our mudroom/back entry remodel. I must preface this post by saying that this remodel has been long overdue. We've wanted to do something with it for a long time. Just never could figure out what so we waited. And waited. And waited. I can't believe that I don't have a full on "before" picture of it's former glory but here are a few. I am sure that you will quickly get the idea. Prepare yourself for a hideous display of faux wood paneling. Here we go:

BEFORE
Northwest corner:
Looking back toward the side/front door after the formerly "white" carpet was ripped out:

Northwest corner after demo-ing the closet, cabinets and paneling:I am certain that this was a former open back porch that was at some point in the mid 60's enclosed and converted into a more functional back entry. Needless to say when it was enclosed they did a lousy job of insulating and this room has always been freezing in the winter. I am glad we were able to take it all the down, insulate well and replace the drafty windows.

Fun thing about demo-ing all the way down is that occasionally you discover that doorways have been moved somewhere along the line.

The Little Man is waking up from his nap...I'll be back with more soon!

No comments: