7.14.2008

We're Leaving on a Jet Plane

It's a big week around here. Midweek we are heading out on a short vacation. It will be the kiddos first trip in an airplane and our first big trip since the arrival of The Little Man. Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous about the whole deal. We have a three and a half hour flight and then about a three hour drive once we arrive in Portland. I've packed a bag of goodies for Princess Pigtails--the last two months of Animal Babies and Highlights High Five that I snatched out of the mail before she saw me--that girl is almost as bad as her mama about magazines, some books, a new coloring book and a paint with water book, couple of toys, etc. My hope is that I have enough things in there to keep her occupied at least until we get through security!

We also bought a new battery powered DVD player for the trip and picked up a few new movies, so if everything else fails, we can always resort to the entertaining antics of Curious George! Although, I have to say that I am pretty pumped about the Season 1 of the Muppet Show DVD and the copy of Mary Poppins that I snagged while we were at Best Buy on Saturday. We also bought her a set of child size ear phones--which she is so excited about!

I've got a million things to do before we leave, so I'd better get back to my laundry and my checklists. Thanks for stopping by and if you think of it--say a little prayer for us this week that we would have a seamless trip!

No comments: