7.09.2008

A Fine Day For A Picnic!

Here's a recap of our weekend. Happy belated 4th by the way! Last Friday, we headed to my parents' house to celebrate the 4th, my dad's 60th birthday, my mom's birthday (belated), my birthday and the baptism of my niece and nephew. It was a great weekend. We enjoyed the fireworks in the bug-free comfort of air conditioning. Talk about speaking my love language!

A little less than three years ago, my parents moved back to northern Iowa. I say moved back, because now after twenty some years of living else where in Iowa, they are within twenty five minutes of the town where we lived when I was in elementary school. On Saturday morning, we loaded up and headed to one of my favorite child hood parks for a picnic. It was a glorious day with lots of sun, a warm breeze and very few bugs--the absolutely perfect day for a picnic!

As you know, parts of Iowa have experienced some pretty devastating flooding this summer, and parts of northern Iowa are no exception. In fact the park where we picnic-ed was underwater just a couple of weeks ago. Although it was not as lush and scenic as normal, it looked pretty good considering! And we had so much fun! Here's a few of my favorite pictures from our picnic at East Park...

To quote Princess Pigtails "This is so fun!!"...

Princess Pigtails and her Daddy...

All ketchup and attitude...

No comments: