7.02.2008

Just a Couple of Things

A little bit of randomness this morning--hope you don't get whiplash!

1. The Little Man has mastered the roll from his back to his tummy and back over to his back!
2. This week's Works For Me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer is sharing recipes that use
five or less ingredients. You can bet I'll be back shortly with a recipe or two to share!
3. My Blackberry came Monday night. So far, I'm loving it. Still need some more time to get it
set up so I'm not driving off the road trying to figure out my new phone! But I think it's going
to be the start of a beautiful thing!
4. Beachy Mimi tagged me last week for the six word meme. I guess the origination of the idea
was the book Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous &
Obscure by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser. The book apparently includes a story that
Hemingway was once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words
were, "For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn."

I've spent more time on this than I care to admit. Apparently I have writer's block or brain block or something. This is all I could come up with in six words. "Because I'm the Mama, that's why." That's it. That's all I've got.Sad. Queen B came up with like ten or fifty. She is obviously more clever than I.

I'm supposed to tag five more people to keep the meme going. I'm going to tag Jill over at Minnesota McGregors, Laura at My Crazy Kiddos and then who ever else wants to play...
Here are the rules:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it to your blog and link back to the person that tagged you.
3. Tag five people at the end of your post and leave a comment on their blog inviting them to participate!

Have fun! And stop back later for a few recipes!

No comments: