1.11.2008

Keeping up the Caloric Intake

Since it had been at least two days since I tossed the final remnants of holiday treats friends had brought over, yesterday post-afternoon snooze, Princess and I made cookies. Have I mentioned before her love for cooking (both in real and imaginary terms)? She's crazy about it. Anyhow, I pulled out the goods for the household favorite around here and we whipped up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies. I thought that I would share the recipe and you let me know what you think--I truly believe they live up to their name! I would love to say that it's a old family recipe handed down through the generations, but I can't.

Here we go--recipe courtesy of The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook.

Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (I use butter)
1/4 cup shortening (yes, Crisco--and save the comments, I don't want to hear about it!)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
Combine four, soda, and salt; add to butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes. cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments: