5.07.2009

I Rocked It

Every once in a while I make a meal that was just, quite simply, great. Don't you love how humble I am? Ha! I feel it necessary to broadcast it, because it seems lately that I've been in a rut. I've been having difficulty coming up with ideas or the motivation to plan!
So, the menu last night? Coconut and Almond crusted salmon, candied sweet potatoes and Prairie Brown Bread. Yum. Have you had Prairie Brown Bread? You really must make it...Seriously.
Here's the recipe...go now, make it for supper, you won't be disappointed. Promise.

Prairie Brown Bread
4 C. Whole Wheat flour
1 1/3 C. all-purpose flour
1 qt. buttermilk
2 C. brown sugar
4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Thorough mix all ingredients, pour batter into greased bread pans. This will make 2 large loaves or 4 small ones. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (if making small loaves, check after 40 minutes) Remove from pans to cool.

So, yummy. Great with salmon or chicken. Perfect with a salad! Makes two loaves, so make one for supper and pop the other in the freezer for a quick meal later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'm stealing this recipe! Thanks for sharing! I bet it smells fantastic while baking also!

JamieLou said...

What about the rest of the recipes are you going to post those too? You've come along way babe from frozen microwave pizzas and cookie dough ice cream with cheddar cheese.

Now, since I've got everyone's attention, when are body suits going to come back in vogue?
Jamie LOu