6.25.2008

Don't Toss! Reheat and Eat!


I cringe every time I toss left over meat or an entire steak that didn't get eaten (after it has sat in the fridge for a week). But what do you do with it--outside of mixing the ground beef in spaghetti sauce or with Manwich? Anyone else dislike that "micro-waved" taste of reheated ground beef or left over steak? Well, I've got two simple little tips for you that I recently picked up. Can't take credit for either of them, but they are too easy to not pass on!

Tip #1--This one that I picked up from my Grandma--When reheating ground beef or left over hamburger patties in the microwave, place a damp paper towel over the meat for the duration of the reheating process. Remarkably, it does help tremendously!

Secondly, my mom discovered that the Green Giant teriyaki stir fry kit (the just add meat kind) is great way to use the left over steak. Just slice the steak, reheat in the skillet and then dump the stir fry kit and sauce in. It's super easy and very tasty. Nearly impossible to detect that "reheated" taste!

For more tips, hints and other things that just work--head on over to Rocks In My Dryer!

3 comments:

ames said...

Very interesting about the paper towel, I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tips!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Girl, these tips are great! Thanks:)

thediaperdiaries said...

I hate throwing food away, but find myself doing it way to often. These are great tips!!